I feel like this month is passing me by at lightning speed! I’m just trying to keep up with life!
Today I bring to you my Topbox review for the month of February. I received the Regular Topbox again . The prive boxes don’t seem to be catching my eye a whole lot nowadays and that’s a bit disappointing. But February’s Regular Topbox contained makeup, skin care and beauty tools so I really can’t complain with a mix like that. 🙂
Anyways, let’s take a look at the contents of the box!
- Smashbox Always On Liquid Lipstick in Driver’s Seat ($31.99 CAD, 4 ml – full size?): This deluxe sample of Smashbox’s liquid lipstick was released as part of their Fall 2016 lineup. Driver’s Seat is described as a peach-rose nude. They say it “features Advanced Polymer Technology that makes it stay put (…) for up to 8 hours.” Sounds pretty technical, hey? I’m not quite sure what to think about that because I Googled it and all I found were links definitely did not involve makeup whatsoever! At the end of the day, this isn’t quite my shade. Peach toned lippies and I don’t get along very often and this one leans more towards the peach side than the rose.
- Bella Aura Skincare Daily Repair Moisturizer ($30.00 CAD, 10 ml): This brand again. I feel like I’m going to end u receiving the entire Bella Aura product line! I keep getting these in my Topbox subs. Which would be vine and dandy… IF I liked it! I just can’t seem to get over the smell of their products. But for those that do like it, this is a nice way to sample these high value products. For me, though, it’s a pass.
- La Ritzy Cosmetics Pro Blender ($16.29 CAD): I am a big fan of Beauty Blenders and I am always game for trying other beauty sponges. I’ll give this a try when it’s time for a new one… which will probably be sooner than later.
- Luxie Beauty Rose Gold Concealer Eye Brush 211 ($24.00 CAD): Yay! I love Luxie so this brand was great to see in my Topbox. I’m quickly growing my Luxie brush collection through various subscriptions boxes. This concealer brush looks to be the perfect size for your undereye area. The brush is the right size and it’s soft. I’m looking forward to trying this! Though, I don’t know why the product card says this brand is available at Sephora when I have never seen it there before. At least not in Canada.
- Smashbox Cover Shot Eye Palette in Golden Hour (card sample): I’m not sure whether to include this as an item in the Topbox or as a bonus sample. I don’t mind receiving eyeshadow card samples because you can use them many times… and usually that is enough to let me know if I like it enough or not to buy t he actual product. In this case, Golden Hour was not for me. I gave it a try this morning and while.I loved the dark purple shade and the neutral that can be used for pretty much any eye look but I wasn’t a huge fan of the other two colours. I will still use it up, though!
There you go! February’s box was pretty great. Scroll down for all the pictures.
The value was roughly $86.00 CAD (if I only took half the retail value of the full sized Smashbox liquid lipstick) so this was an excellent high value box! I will probably only end up using two of the four products, though. Overall, this Topbox was still worth it.
Check back soon for my March unboxing. I also have plans for a great new blog series and more!
Have a great week, friends!
Disclaimer: I pay for this subscription with my own money. All opinions are mine and mine alone. This does not contain referral links.