Wow! It’s pretty much mid-August now! Where has the summer gone???
Before I post my recap from July later this week, here is my August Shop My Stash basket. Just for the record, while this post is coming a bit late, I have been using the products in this basket since August 1st. 🙂
What is a Shop My Stash?
It’s exactly what it sounds like. Every month, I will be going into my makeup collection and – you guessed it – I will shop my stash. ? Just think of it as a haul post but instead of makeup I bought at Sephora or at Shoppers Drug Mart, it’s a haul straight from my own collection! And I’m hoping that by doing this monthly, I won’t get bored of the products I chose like I did in last year’s Project Pan.
If you’re interested, you can find my other Shop My Stash posts here.
How Shop My Stash Works
Every month I will take one or two of these types of products and put them in a basket.
*Please note, at times, I will not have some items in my basket. The reason why is stated next to the category.
- Face primer
- Color correction (None, no need for color correction right now)
- Foundation / BB Cream
- Bronzer (None, it’s summer and my skin is too dark for bronzer. We will revisit in fall/winter)
- Setting powder
- Pore reducer (Success! None, retired category. I only have one product left: Benefit POREfessional)
- Eye primer
- Eye shadow (palette or singles)
- Brow setting gel (Success! None, retired category. I only have one product left: MAC Brow Set in Clear)
- Mascara primer (None, I don’t have one at the moment.)
- Setting Spray (Success! None, retired category. I only have three products left in rotation: MAC, Urban Decay and Maybelline setting sprays)
If you haven’t noticed, I did not include any lip products (lipstick, lipgloss, etc.) to my list. This is because they are already in rotation in my purse. I change them around a lot so I didn’t think they needed special attention like the rest of these products!
At the end of each month I will have to make a few decisions: keep the product, continue using it (for those holy grail products I must always use) or get rid of it. I’m hoping that by doing this I can help identify my loves and get rid of what I don’t want anymore. I hope that I can get my collection under control.
Don’t get me wrong, though. I am not going to be limited to only using what’s in my basket. If there’s something I want to use then by all means, I will! The basket is just there to help give me something to focus on that month.
Then at the end of the month, I will summarize my monthly basket (what I loved, what I didn’t love, etc.) and then I will pick out a new basket of products!
Without further adieu, here are the contents of August’s basket!
Shop My Stash for August 2017
As I go through my collection, there is less categories to concentrate on – which is great! Because it means that at the very least, those categories are under control… which is the goal of this exercise, no? Anyways, with Pore Reducers, Brow Setting Gels and Setting Sprays out of the way, here’s what I selected for August.
- Face primer: Temptu Base Smooth & Matte Primer, Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer
- Concealer: IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Illuminator Full Coverage Anti-Aging Waterproof Concealer
- Foundation / BB Cream: Maybelline Dream Fresh BB 8-in-1 Beauty Balm SPF 30 in Medium, Too Faced Born This Way Absolute Perfection Foundation in Natural Beige
- Blush: tarte Bling It On Amazonian Clay Blush Palette
- Highlighter: Benefit Girl Meets Pearl Liquid Pearl for Face, Clinique Chubby Stick Sculpting Highlight in Hefty Highlight
- Setting powder: GOSH prime ‘n set Primer & Mattifying Setting Powder
- Eye primer: Elizabeth Mott Thank Me Later Eye Shadow Primer
- Eyeliner: NARS Larger Than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in Via Veneto, Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eye Liner in Dark Brown
- Brow: Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Dark Brown
- Mascara: tarte lights, camera, flashes Mascara, Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara
- Eye shadow (palette or singles): Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette, Smashbox Photo Op Eye Shadow Palette in Fade In
That’s all for now! This is another smaller basket but that’s okay.
Stay tuned for July’s recap coming to the blog over the next few days!
Question of the Day: Are you currently doing Project Pan or Shop My Stash? What tips would you give others who are contemplating trying it? Share your suggestions in the comments!