How did the month of August fly by so quickly? Just like that? Before I put up my August recap, I thought I would share what is in my September basket first. 🙂
What is a Shop My Stash?
It’s exactly what it sounds like. Every month, I will be going into my makeup collection and – you guessed it – I will shop my stash. ? Just think of it as a haul post but instead of makeup I bought at Sephora or at Shoppers Drug Mart, it’s a haul straight from my own collection! And I’m hoping that by doing this monthly, I won’t get bored of the products I chose like I did in last year’s Project Pan.
If you’re interested, you can find my other Shop My Stash posts here.
How Shop My Stash Works
Every month I will take one or two of these types of products and put them in a basket.
*Please note, at times, I will not have some items in my basket. The reason why is stated next to the category.
- Face primer
- Color correction
- Foundation / BB Cream
- Bronzer (None, it’s summer and my skin is too dark for bronzer. We will revisit in fall/winter)
- Setting powder
- Pore reducer (Success! None, retired category. I only have one product left: Benefit POREfessional)
- Eye primer
- Eye shadow (palette or singles)
- Brow setting gel (Success! None, retired category. I only have one product left: MAC Brow Set in Clear… which is almost empty! :o)
- Mascara primer (None, I don’t have one at the moment.)
- Setting Spray (Success! None, retired category. I only have three products left in rotation: MAC, Urban Decay and Maybelline setting sprays)
If you haven’t noticed, I did not include any lip products (lipstick, lipgloss, etc.) to my list. This is because they are already in rotation in my purse. I change them around a lot so I didn’t think they needed special attention like the rest of these products!
At the end of each month I will have to make a few decisions: keep the product, continue using it (for those holy grail products I must always use) or get rid of it. I’m hoping that by doing this I can help identify my loves and get rid of what I don’t want anymore. I hope that I can get my collection under control.
Don’t get me wrong, though. I am not going to be limited to only using what’s in my basket. If there’s something I want to use then by all means, I will! The basket is just there to help give me something to focus on that month.
Then at the end of the month, I will summarize my monthly basket (what I loved, what I didn’t love, etc.) and then I will pick out a new basket of products!
Shop My Stash for September 2017
September is here! And my basket looks great! Let’s get right into it.
- Face primer: Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer
- Color correction: City Color Photo Chic Dark Spot Corrector
- Concealer: NYX HD Concealer in Shade 04
- Foundation / BB Cream: Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup in Natural Beige, tarte Amazonian Clay Airbrush Foundation in Medium Neutral, Maybelline Dream Pure BB 8-in-1 Beauty Balm Skin Clearing Perfector with 2% Salicylic Acid
- Blush: Benefit Rockateur
- Highlighter: essence Light Up Your Face Luminizer Palette
- Setting powder: BareMinerals Invisible Light Translucent Powder Duo
- Eye primer: Milani Eyeshadow Primer
- Eyeliner: Absolute New York Nano Liner in Black, Sonia Kashuk Eye Definer in Plummy Bronze
- Brow : NYX Eyebrow Gel in Espresso, NYX Proof It! Waterproof Eyebrow Primer
- Mascara: CoverGirl Clump Crusher LashBlast Mascara
- Eye shadow (palette or singles): Too Faced Cat Eyes, tarte Rainforest After Dark Palette (which is eyeshadow, highlighter, bronzer and a blush!)
That’s all folks! For now, anyways. 🙂 I’m still working on my August recap that should be posted in the next few days so check back soon!
Are you doing Shop My Stash? Report on your progress in the comments below! 🙂